You wouldn’t think as eminent a physician as Dr. Caligari would need to have a business card, but I guess you can’t always trust people to be who they say they are. In this week’s quiz we have a line-up of individuals who are probably in no need of introduction, but in case you need more information, here’s their card.
See also: Quiz the one hundred-and-forty-seventh: My card (Part two).
Where do you come up with this stuff?
I’ll give a few a shot but I feel particularly uneasy about my answers this time around.
01) Diabolique (the awful 1996 remake)
02) Diary of a Madman
03) Death Wish (this year’s remake, which unfortunately means I have to admit seeing it)
05) Fantomas: The Shadow of the Guillotine (I wish I could remember how to write the title in French, then maybe I’d sound smart and you’d forget about that “Death Wish” thing)
08) Night of the Demon (“Maybe it’s best not to know”)
11) Wall Street
12) I know this is from a Taken” movie, but I refuse to answer on the grounds that I always screw up the franchise films
15) The Big Lebowski
16) The Wave
17) Eating Raoul
Hey, the remake of Les Diaboliques wasn’t . . . oh yeah, it really was.
These are all correct! I had to laugh at your answer to 12 because I had it in my files as indeterminate as well. Franchises are hard, especially when every film in the franchise is exactly the same.
21) Cop Land
Both correct, Tom!
Off to work, so I’ll just chuck in 19. In Bruges